Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a sleevless shirt for my sister and after doing the first 4 rounds the next row for the Pattern rows is this
Row 1: (rs) K1, yo, k5,sk2p, k5,yo

The previous row was a knit row. My question is what is sk2p mean? I'm sure it's skip 2 purls but where are the purls and where do I put them?

·
Registered
40,889 Posts
nascargranny48jj said:
I am working on a sleevless shirt for my sister and after doing the first 4 rounds the next row for the Pattern rows is this

The previous row was a knit row. My question is what is sk2p mean? I'm sure it's skip 2 purls but where are the purls and where do I put them?
Hi Nascargranny, I use this a lot in knitting...It means slip first stitch from left needle to right, then knit the next two together on to the right needle and pass the slipped stitch over the two knitted stitches. It's a double decrease. No purling involved. Did I make it clear for you...
Best wishes,
Edie (EdithAnn)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I kind of understand that. I am slipping the first stitch to the other needle then knitting 2 tog. How do I pass the slipped stitch over? Is is putting it back over to the first needle it was originally at? And is this row what makes the holes in the pattern? I don't know if I can show the pattern or not with copyright laws. It's such a cute top.
And no, there are no explanations for the abbrv.

missvix61 said:
sk2p is: slip1, knit 2 tog, pass slipped stitch over. (a double decrease)

Isn't there anywhere on the pattern that explains the abbreviations?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes that helps alot and makes sense now. Thank you. It's kind of like binding off right? And then that would make the holes.

edithann said:
nascargranny48jj said:

Hi Nascargranny, I use this a lot in knitting...It means slip first stitch from left needle to right, then knit the next two together on to the right needle and pass the slipped stitch over the two knitted stitches. It's a double decrease. No purling involved. Did I make it clear for you...
Best wishes,
Edie (EdithAnn)

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
nascargranny48jj said:
Yes that helps alot and makes sense now. Thank you. It's kind of like binding off right? And then that would make the holes.

edithann said:
nascargranny48jj said:

Best wishes,
Edie (EdithAnn)
The YO, or yarn over, is what makes the holes. To do a yarn over properly, you wind the yarn around the needle in the exact same way you wind it around to make a knit stitch. Except you haven't put your right hand needle into anything first. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am working on a pattern that I think does the same thing only the directions are Sl1K, K2tog, psso This is easy to understand. I have not run into sk2p before. Good to know if I ever come across it
Kyliesnana

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom