Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a fairly new knitter and my main problem is this: when I drop a stitch, or pick up stitches I accidently twist them. I can't tell which way the stitch is supposed to go on the needle. I keep doing it wrong, then I have to drive quite a long way to get help. The lady at the knitting store (seems like it to me) is getting sort of grumpy that I "don't get it". Can someone help me? A picture? Something?
kathleen56

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
The "drawn" pictures of stitches may help you more than photographs. If you drop a stitch..pick it back up...look at a drawn picture of that kind of stitch...(knit or purl), if you see that the bottom or "base" of your stitch shows the loop is twisted it's easier to remedy right away, rather than later.

We've all done it. Catching it right away is the key to less work later.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I don't know if this will help you but it did me. My knitting teacher Lynn H said if it's hard to knit it's twisted( it will be harder to get your right needle under the yarn to knit it) also you'll notice The front leg of the twisted stitch is farther back than the back one. Okay this sounds really confusing to write down sorry hope you can make it make sense for you! :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in agreement with karhyunique...........It is much harder to knit a stitch if it is twisted. If there is a little resistance, when you look at it you will see that it lays different than all the other stitches. I think she is right on in her description. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom