Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started making fingerless mitts and realized the pattern will make very large mitts. I wanted to make them for my grandchildren. The pattern calls for worsted weight yarn and size 8 needles. Does anyone have a suggestion how I could make them smaller? I especially like this pattern but have no clue how to make them smaller. Thank you for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
Sport yarn and smaller needles, perhaps? Swatch, swatch, swatch!

·
Registered
39,153 Posts
I often use a thicker yarn and smaller needles as the mitts will come out with almost a matted texture which keeps the wet and cold out. My daughter likes them for the kids when they play in the snow. Just play around with a swatch and see what you like best.

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
These would be good to do a comparison with. See what one of these patterns call for, your pattern might of been modified for children but they might of forgot to change something.. like needle size.. ??
Ginaellen said:
There are at least a hundres free patterns listed on Ravelry for fingerless mitts in children's sizes. Here is the link:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#craft=knitting&query=Fingerless%20mitts&availability=free&fit=child&sort=best&view=captioned_thumbs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom