Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hubby and I have have just returned home to Australia after a fantastic 4 week vacation in the US. We had 3 weeks in New York State and 1 week in California/Nevada. Thanks to fellow KP'er Marylou who kindly drove me to yarn shops in the Newburgh, NY area, I was able to add some lovely yarn to my souvenirs. We had a wonderful day checking out Out of the Loop at Hopewell Junction, the Cornwall Yarn Shop and the White Barn Farm near New Pfalz. All had different yarns, all beautiful - I only wish I could have bought more! Of course, on a visit to Michael's I found yarn on sale that I couldn't resist. All in all, I'm very happy with my new additions.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bettyirene said:
Isn't it great to get yarns that you can't get in Australia?...My favourite thing to do on holidays is look for (and buy) yarn...
I didn't have as much time as I would have liked to go yarn shopping but I did enjoy my day out with Marylou. Met nice people at the yarn stores and saw many lovely yarns that I have never seen in Oz. I have not decided what to make with my new stash yet but I am enjoying looking at it and I love the feel of the wool/silk blends.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
scottybearNSW said:
What a lovely thing to do while on holiday. We are off to Hawaii in November and hope to visit a couple of LYS there. Have looked them up, but have to find out where they are in relation to the hotels we are staying in.
Hope you enjoy your trip to Hawaii. It's been a long time since we were last there. Hope you get to add to your stash.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
greythounds said:
What a lovely day for both of you ladies. I may be the only one who noticed this but to me you and Mary Lou could pass as sisters.
I know. I thought there was a resemblance too! We are not related but we did get on very well. Had a lot to talk about!

·
Registered
134 Posts
The photo is lovely, and the ladies look the best of friends.
If only the picture would come alive and I could delve into the baskets of wool in the back ground. Is anybody else getting the shakes like me, just looking at all the lovely yarn? I want to feel it!
Perhaps I need help..hehe!

·
Registered
218 Posts
We were in Virginia for a 95th birthday party earlier this year and at an LYS I found yarn for socks for my grandson that I had been looking for. He likes red, and I wanted self-striping yarn, but not red with pink. At the LYS I found red with white and gray. Much better for a boy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom