Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
I bought that machine a short while ago, but haven't used it yet. Addi is a reputable co. ...so if you could contact them (or the place you purchased it from), hopefully they could help .... I've used regular knitting machines & my rule of thumb is "Don't force the carriage" there is a reason why it gets bogged down & forcing things does lead to breakage of needles, or worse. Good luck!

·
Registered
476 Posts
hey paula mat---if you remove the screws inside the addi and take off the red and black rings you will expose the needles you just remove the broken one and replace it--just dont get your screws mixed up just remember where you took them out at--you have to turn your addi to the black needles to do this--i hope this helps--yes heavy yarn wont run on the addi--

·
Registered
834 Posts
I would like to buy an Addi Express, but not sure if I am able to use Double knitting? Other people from the U.K., know what thickness this is, I know some countries have different names for their gauges of yarn. Thank you for advice in advance, there is always someone who knows the answer on this forum. From, Susan, U.K.

·
Registered
25,149 Posts
I can use DK on my Prym machine,Same kind of machine as the Addi,I rewind the yarn and when doing that run the yarn over a wax candle,I have use Arran yarn, and tried Chunky,Arran was fine but Chunky kept dropping stitchs,a complete mess,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom