Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sis in law is a beginner in knitting. She wants to buy a Addi express knitting machine to make things faster. Where will be cheaper and what do you think about the machine?
She lives in New Zealand. Help me please to decide and help her out. Thanks

·
Registered
27,122 Posts
Paradise has a section for machine knitting. If you want to post your question there you might get more answers.
bpramanik said:
My sis in law is a beginner in knitting. She wants to buy a Addi express knitting machine to make things faster. Where will be cheaper and what do you think about the machine?
She lives in New Zealand. Help me please to decide and help her out. Thanks

·
Registered
245 Posts
Large Addi makes nice adults hats.and flat panels if you want. Small Addi makes thin scarfs. The loops and threads makes a machine with less needles and makes baby hats and children's hats this is less expensive and if you have a coupon for a 50percent will cost about $38.00. The small Addi is my least favorite.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I quite enjoy my larger Addi .. I find I can make 3 reversable touques in an evening .. I generally turn over a couple of hundred to a hostel for the homeless in winter. I make the toques extra length so that I can bind them up to be reversable and warmer ... they are colourful to say the least as I use left over yarns from other projects. Row counter on mine is shot .. but I do 20 rows in each colour I use so it is easy to "guesstimate" rows. Great machine

G

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
The Addi is very limited in what you can do as you cannot change the distance between the pegs. It's like having knitting needles in only 1 size. You are also limited in the width of what you can knit as you cannot change the number of pegs. Personally I wouldn't bother with one.

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Michaels hobbies sells a round knitter similar to Addi but for much less money. I read a couple of online reviews and watched a video and it seems like a good choice if you don't want to invest in an Addi or a flatbed.

·
Registered
9,115 Posts
I bought one of these last week with a 40% coupon; it was $42.00. It does exactly what it says. It does tubes and flats and is really quite sturdy. However, the tube is only for very small children's heads. I'm not sure I will need use it much as I already have flatbed machines with ribbers, which means that you can do up to 4 hundred stitches flat or in a tube
KnittyGritty800 said:
Michaels hobbies sells a round knitter similar to Addi but for much less money. I read a couple of online reviews and watched a video and it seems like a good choice if you don't want to invest in an Addi or a flatbed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom