Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been trying to copy the page with all the help sites but I can't seem to be able to use them once pasted in word, which is what I was going to enclose in my reply.
Then tried with individual sites and it still did not save as a workable link. So here is what I put in the search box of Google and the pages came up and were helpful.

adding stitches at the beginning of a row
Good luck. I hope you get it

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
Casting on additional stitches at the end of a row - http://tinyurl.com/cqqdu6

I suppose if your add these to the end of the previous row and turn the work to continue, the added stitches would be at the beginning of the row. Clear? Hope so.

I have not had any problem adding stitches at the beginning of a row using both the knitted cast-on and the cable cast on. I had to do this for a top I recently made. The cast ons look just like my original cast ons for the garment.

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
mamagill said:
the pattern calls for adding 4 stitches at the beginning of the next 10 rows. I tried it a number of ways but not one way looks decent. Please help.
What CO did you use to start the item?
Link for the pattern?

BTW does it say "add on" or "increase"?

It would help to see the pattern.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom