Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
The 12 knit stitches are set off by the 3 purl stitches so that you can see the rib stitches better (at least that's what it sounds like). So each side is knit 12 followed by (or preceded by) purl 3 (or knit 3 on reverse - I assume).

·
Registered
43 Posts
The 12 knit stitches are set off by the 3 purl stitches so that you can see the rib stitches better (at least that's what it sounds like). So each side is knit 12 followed by (or preceded by) purl 3 (or knit 3 on reverse - I assume).

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm so sorry you have had to frog back, but you will be able to fly forward now! You've had enough experience at it! Good Luck and Happy Knitting. I just frogged back about 8 inches of a shawl as I misread the directions. I'm going forward now too!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your help. I've learned how to add on the extra stitches. They say you learn something everyday, with me, it was the hard way! Looking forward to knitting the basket weave afghan tomorrow. :)
MRS. VERY GOOD

·
Registered
23,222 Posts
MRS. VERY GOOD said:
When adding on extra stitches K12,P3, (K5,P3) across to last 12 sts, K12. Do I have to end the extra stitches with (k5,or P3)? Thank you,
MRS. VERY GOOD
Your pattern is a 8 stitch repeat... it would probably be wise to add 8 stitches ...or at least a multiple of 8 stitches to keep the pattern.
Jane

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom