Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been knitting off and on for about 20years, even finishing some projects! The topic about favorite knitting needles has been most interesting. I just joined this group, so please forgive me if this has already been discussed to death. I looked up the price of a complete set of Addi bamboo circular needles, and then looked up the complete set of bamboo circular set of harmony needles that Knit Picks sells, and the price was half as much. Is the difference in the needles worth the price difference. I almost always use the clover bamboo circular needles and would like to "upgrade" my choice, but want to make a wise choice. Thanks so much for anyone's help.

Carol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Carol, I have the set of harmony circular needles from Knit Picks and I love them. The only time I use other ones is if I am knitting something with lace yarn that is the same color as the needles. Just so I can see the yarn better.
Catharina

·
Registered
196 Posts
I DO LIKE MY ADDIS FOR DOING SOCKS BECAUSE THEY GLIDE ON THE NEEDLES SO EASILY. BUT OTHER THINGS THE HARMONY ARE MY FAVORITES AND I CAN HAVE MORE OF THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE MORE INEXPENSIVE. THEY ARE WARM AND SOFT TO THE FEEL. EVERY ONE HAS THEIR OWN PREFERENCES.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would buy one of each in the size you use most.... Because it is a very personal choice! I like addis best and well worth the money long term if you can afford them. I just had another set of knit picks come apart. They replace with no problem but it is such a hassle and I was in the middle of a row!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I, too have a set of Harmony needles and I love, them! Another great thing about Knit Picks is that if anything happens to the needles or cables, KP will replace them. I received a cable that wouldn't hold the tip and received a new cable in just a few days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom