Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, have any of you clever ladies adjusted the Dead Fish Hat pattern for a smaller size? The pattern comes "one size fits all" but is big for a child. I have never adjusted a pattern size before. Maybe if you haven't done the Fish hat you could give me some general ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
56,524 Posts
Chickknitter9 said:
Thank you! That is great! Have a new grandbaby due in Nov and I'll use this pattern. What makes it more fun is that my grandchildren's last name is Fish!!!
Know where I can find a pattern for say 6 to 8 yr olds?
I used the same pattern but went down to size 5 needles and worked out fine.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good tip. Thankx
Katsch said:
Chickknitter9 said:
Thank you! That is great! Have a new grandbaby due in Nov and I'll use this pattern. What makes it more fun is that my grandchildren's last name is Fish!!!
I used the same pattern but went down to size 5 needles and worked out fine.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Search for small mouth bass hat. I believe it is the same designer but smaller hat than the dead fish hat
Chickknitter9 said:

·
Registered
913 Posts
I tried using the small bass hat pattern which starts with 71 stitches, so I added 9 to make it a bit larger. After I finished the lips and the WT for the mouth, I was lost with the added stitches. The downsizing with needle size makes more sense to me and I will try to do that the next time. Wish I could figure out the adjustments better, but my mind doesn't wrap around change easily. Thank you for your suggestion. Fun hat to make.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom