Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a fingerless glove that may turn into a production job so, I'm trying to create the glove as efficiently as possible.

Part 1 is 2x2 rib in 1/2 pitch Cast on H3 knit at h4
Part 2 is stockinette after all needles are transferred to the main bed.
Part 3 is back to ribbing for 5-6 more rows.

On my first sample I did 1x1 at P3 and it looks ok but, I like the look of the 1/2 pitch better. Is that reasonably doable? it seams like I would have to few stitches. I know I could latch down the top but, I'm trying to minimize handwork to keep time down.

I'm knitting on a Singer SK150 with the ribber. The Yarn is cascade 220 worsted and I'm doing the whole project at t-3

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
To go back to 2x2 1/2 pitch, you would have to transfer every third stitch from Main bed to Ribber and bring up adjacent needles on the Ribber. Then fill these needles with the heel of a stitch (the same as you do for a fully fashioned increase) or you could knit a row and twist each loop to stop a hole forming.

The other alternative is to use full pitch 2x2 ribbing, which isn't quite as neat but needs a good pull to close it up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom