Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want to knit this chunky oversized sweater. I don't have a pattern though so I will need to design it myself.
Looking for help about the stitch. Does anyone know what kind of stitch this is? Also, this looks like super chunky wool and can anyone advise any further info regarding the yarn used?
Finally if anyone can point me to a pattern similar to this I'd be so very grateful :)

Many thanks :)
JoanieMay

Attachments

·
Registered
30,618 Posts
It looks like 4 garter sts, 2or3 stockimg sts, and a large cable, repeat , i think! I sometimes make up my own ply , helps to lower stash.... I have lots of fine threads for weaving which i combine, also makes for original color shades.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great thanks. I'll give that pattern a go and see what it turns out like.

Having trouble deciding what type of yarn to use.
Getting rather confused as there's so much choice on the net. Trying to figure out what size needles? Also, should I go for the standard average 8 stitches for 4 inches or should I go for less.
I don't want to have such big loose stitches that my skin can be seen through the loops

Any help/advise would be really appreciated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom