Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started this project many many moos ago...have completed 2 panels ( I believe there are 3 total in the pattern)...I so want to complete this...the center panel is the cable and the 2 sides are the other...sure hope someone can steer me in the right direction...

Attachments

· Registered
1,715 Posts
if you are unable to find the pattern go through a book of different knitting patterns and add you own touch.
your centre panel is a celtic plait and you sides look like they may be either honeycomb or little lattice with a 3 over 3 front cable on the edge.
Can you remeber how many panels are there all told in the pattern.

· Registered
1,715 Posts
this is the one I am doing I am adding afew extra panel and patterns to make it the length I would like.

Attachments

· Registered
1,715 Posts
I am thinking of adding another panel in the middle with 2 or 3 rows of just cable on it

· Registered
526 Posts
Lovely knitting and colors. Knitting an aran afghan is on my bucket list of knitting, however in reading the patterns I have always hesitated due to not knowing if the panels are to be knitted separately or together. I was always afraid that if I knitted in panels that when sewed up they wouldn't match up. After seeing your work I guess I should just go for it. Thanks

· Registered
425 Posts
I am planning an 'aran' afghan knitted in panels because I generally have a cat in my lap and she would object to having the entire afghan on her. I am thinking of making seed stitch borders on the edges of each panel to make the final joining easier. Has any one seen a finished project using that approach?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom