Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am looking for an afghan pattern called "Winter Wonderland" by Bebe Hake Paschke which was featured in a magazine, McCall's Design Ideas, Vol. 9, Christmas knit and crochet. This magazine is now out of print but I'm hoping that someone on here might know where I can get either the magazine or the pattern. I have attached a picture of the magazine. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
827 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would have been perfect but the sale has ended. I did find one listing that is selling that magazine and 3 others which is fine. I just think the shipping costs are a bit much but this may be the route I have to go because I have not been able to find it anywhere else. Thanks for your help. :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Sorry I missed that the sale had closed! Still, it might be worthwhile to contact the seller to see if they did sell it, and if not, maybe you can still get it.

Good luck -- it does look beautiful.

·
Registered
15,123 Posts
Vicki60 said:
That would have been perfect but the sale has ended. I did find one listing that is selling that magazine and 3 others which is fine. I just think the shipping costs are a bit much but this may be the route I have to go because I have not been able to find it anywhere else. Thanks for your help. :)
My library had all those McCalls magazines; but in hardcover. Although, they have been closed since the pandemic began, they are open for hold & pick up of books & videos to check out. Try checking your local library. They may also have some type of curbside pick up service. It's worth a try.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Wow! I made that blanket when the magazine came out. I was a beginner knitter and had no idea what I was doing, but it's still here. I gifted it to my dad and beloved stepmother. When dad passed away and stepmom began to realize that she was going into Alzheimer's, she sent it back to me. It now belongs to my son and beloved daughter-in-law. What memories! Thank you for sharing. Unfortunately, I no longer have the pattern.

:sm02: :sm02: :sm02:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi everyone,
I would like to thank all of you who responded. I have been able to find the magazine and order it so I am good now. This is the first time that I have used this forum to search for something and I am really pleased at how many of you took the time to help me out. I imagine this will be a work in progress once I get started but I will share the results when finished. Thanks again to everyone! Merry Christmas and I hope all of you are safe and healthy. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom