Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2 gds tried to lay claim to an earlier project so I decided to make one for them each. The older sister likes blues and greens while the little one is all purple, all the time. They are rough and tumble so it needed to be durable. Each is made of 5 x7 squares in a basket weave pattern. That was 70 squares in total and over 140 ends to sew in! Each is finished with 3 rows of single crochet followed by a last row of crab stitch ( a stitch I first learned of on this site ). Overall pretty happy with the results and the girls like them too!
Azure Rectangle Textile Aqua Woolen

Blue Azure Rectangle Textile Floor

Purple Plant Textile Violet Art

Purple Textile Lighting Interior design Rectangle

Couch Azure Rectangle Purple Comfort

Azure Blue Textile Rectangle Line

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
My 2 gds tried to lay claim to an earlier project so I decided to make one for them each. The older sister likes blues and greens while the little one is all purple, all the time. They are rough and tumble so it needed to be durable. Each is made of 5 x7 squares in a basket weave pattern. That was 70 squares in total and over 140 ends to sew in! Each is finished with 3 rows of single crochet followed by a last row of crab stitch ( a stitch I first learned of on this site ). Overall pretty happy with the results and the girls like them too! View attachment 1233228
View attachment 1233226
View attachment 1233227
View attachment 1233224
View attachment 1233229
View attachment 1233225
beautiful afghans and I’m sure, you are going to make two gd very happy. I do like very much the colors you used and the very attractive edge. Congratulations.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Love the afghans and like Hudson said that is not happening here with all of those ends to weave in! Maybe knitted stripes but not the squares! You did a beautiful job

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
My 2 gds tried to lay claim to an earlier project so I decided to make one for them each. The older sister likes blues and greens while the little one is all purple, all the time. They are rough and tumble so it needed to be durable. Each is made of 5 x7 squares in a basket weave pattern. That was 70 squares in total and over 140 ends to sew in! Each is finished with 3 rows of single crochet followed by a last row of crab stitch ( a stitch I first learned of on this site ). Overall pretty happy with the results and the girls like them too! View attachment 1233228
View attachment 1233226
View attachment 1233227
View attachment 1233224
View attachment 1233229
View attachment 1233225
Wow! Lots of knitting and beautifully done. Happy grands 👏

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top Bottom