Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year and a half ago, the newsletter from Lion
Brand Yarn featured "Afghans for Angels" in their Knitting for Charity feature. I picked up and ran with it, making many little blankets for them. My sister and I decided that Mom's "Doll Blankets" should be included. Now that I have 20 finished pieces, no one responds to my inquiries. Can anybody refer me to an active member who can direct my contributions to deserving families?

· Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jessica-Jean said:
Keep your charity local! Check out local maternity or neo-natal wards. Someone will want them.
I did. Part of the reason I was attracted to this charity was because they mentioned the hospital where my sons were born. I left a message with the supervisor on her voicemail. She has not replied, either.

· Super Moderator
Name on Ravelry: JessicaJean, no hyphen, no space.
90,726 Posts
Well, there's always The Linus Project: http://www.projectlinus.org/ . That's where my charity knits go, but I know the local chapter leader, and don't have to mail them to her.

If the postal system would just give us a break on the price for shipping donations! But it's branch of the forever-going -bankrupt government - US or Canadian - so I'll just keep on dreaming.

· Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Happy ending! The floor supervisor returned my call the following week. I found my way over there yesterday, where I delivered my little blankets in person. She made a point of going through the box and ooh-ing and aah-ing appropriately over the workmanship. She asked for my name and address to send a formal thank you, and asked if it was ok to hug me, as well. It's a shame that the Afghans for Angels organization has gone off the radar screen, but individual efforts are still appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom