Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
42,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some scarves, afghans, pot holders, doll clothes, and sweater.
Everything was knitted this past month, except for the sweater which was knitted 50 years ago! I've been knitting since I was a little girl and love learning new patterns.

Attachments

·
Registered
42,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. This is not hard but a little tedious because of the size. You finish having 1280 stitches. As this is knitted in the width, you keep increasing the stitches, that's what makes the ruffles. You can stop before the 1280 stitches and have a little less ruffles. I found I needed to use 2 large circular needles to hold all the stitches. If you send me your e-mail, I will send the instructions.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi. OMG that's alot of stitches but I'm game to try and will heed your tip about using two large circular needles -- something I never would have thought of. Thank you so much for sending me the pattern, I really appreciate it. My email address is [email protected] (a version of which I chose for my username til I realized it actually reads like an email so I'm in the middle of changing it to Kniton if that name has not already been taken!)

·
Registered
42,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
O.K. I will send to you. Also, remember you can also use the double pointed needles if you don't have circular ones. And, you can stop increasing if it looks big enough for you. Good luck, have fun knitting! When finished, take a picture....

·
Registered
42,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
edithann said:
cckrll62 said:
My email is [email protected] I appreciate it so much. Enjoy knitting and was given a 30 gallon garbage bag full of yarn. There are partial skeins of yarn. Not enough to do anything with except make pot holders or dishclothes. Thanks again.
Ever try making scarves with different stripes...comes out nice!!
Also, look at the afghan I made for my grandchildrens' dog...striped mainly with leftover yarn....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom