Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started the AG basic casual dress with variations. Per the directions, I've placed markers and am increasing either side of them. After five knit rows (purling back) I have 86 stitches on my needle. After two more knit rows with increases I will be at 102 stitches instead of the 100 as stated in the pattern. Where have I erred?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because I'm not computer literate, here's what the pattern says:
CO 46 stitches...K7, M (Marker), K9, M, K14, M, K9, M, K7=46 sts. Inc. before and after each marker (8 sts inc. each row). Continue until there are 14, 22, 28, 22, 14=100 stitches. However, it will take seven rowsx8sts plus the original 46 which= 102 sts. I've added/counted/multiplied/subtracted numerous times, and can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. The answer is probably so simple I'll be embarrassed!

·
Registered
21,892 Posts
I have decided to do that pattern as well, and I don't think you are wrong in your calculations. I get the same total (102sts). I look forward to an answer as well. From what I have worked out by just looking at the increases, there are only 7 increases at what is the back two openings instead of 8. Maybe that is where the error occurs.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are four markers called for in the pattern which says to inc both sides of each marker, which equals an increase of eight sts on each knit row--that, too, is stated in the pattern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom