Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,358 Posts
There was a knit a long at one point, for a teddy bear picture. That is what got lots of knitters started. and some just never looked back! There is talk of a Christmas Party for the teddies if you want an excuse to give it a go.

· Registered
2,817 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
I've just bought the Huggable bear pattern fron Gypsycream and I have ordered the wool......just got to finish my current project before it arrives because I know I will want to start the bear straight away.

Has anyone had disasters with these bears? or do they all turn out good?

· Registered
2,080 Posts
runnerbeens said:
I've just bought the Huggable bear pattern fron Gypsycream and I have ordered the wool......just got to finish my current project before it arrives because I know I will want to start the bear straight away.

I have seen so many different bears made from the same Gypsycream pattern. It's hard to believe that they're all from the same pattern sometimes - but that's what so fascinating about them - there are as many different bears as there are knitters - everyone brings their own special something to the process! and the results are always wonderful.

· Registered
23,691 Posts
I would go to the link for the Bear Challenge that Allyson posted... you'll need to scroll down a few posts on page one of this post... I think that with everything there are challenges the first time through.. but from the second link in Allysons post you will see they all come out different and with their own personality's. I think you will do just fine and if my bear turned out ok then I know your's will too..

Christmas party??? I didn't hear of this... that gives me incentive to get my Red bear done...

runnerbeens said:

· Registered
4,838 Posts
runnerbeens said:

I always have trouble making toys look like the picture I am making the project from. I have to tell you this "Need a Hug Bear" is the first thing I have ever made that looked exactly like the picture. I am an intermediate knitter. I have made one and want to make more. Even my adult children wanted one. I think they are amazing.
Nina

· Registered
21,476 Posts
Well Runnerbeens, all I can say is I've never ever seen an ugly bear yet, whether from one of my designs or any other designer, they all turn out looking wonderful.

Nina I'm so pleased that your enjoyed the Needs a Hug bear :)

Janet you are right, all the bear turn out different. But do you know I'm beginning to recognised the creator by the bear now, every creator has a certain look to their bears :)

Bingo, I'm not sure where you are, but I don't know if the police in the UK run this scheme, I'll check it out because I'd love to donate them some bears if possible.

· Registered
120 Posts
I never get tired of looking at everyone's bears. They each seem to generate their own personality. Big eyes, little nose, quirky smile. It makes them all unique. In our community police, fire and local hospitals take bear donations.

· Registered
26 Posts
Nina Weddle Tullis said:
runnerbeens said:

I always have trouble making toys look like the picture I am making the project from. I have to tell you this "Need a Hug Bear" is the first thing I have ever made that looked exactly like the picture. I am an intermediate knitter. I have made one and want to make more. Even my adult children wanted one. I think they are amazing.
Nina
Can I just say please...that what makes them special is everyones own personal touches. I make knitted toys quite frequently, usually in miniature size or at least a step or two down in needle sizes from the original patterns. It is your own touch and you own details you add in your own way which make each and every one out there 'special'. It is the bears personality (or whatever you are making) and something to which you should be proud! :)

Do you know how boring it would be if every single one looked like and turned out exactly as the patterned one?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom