Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This jacket is worked side to side in one piece, starting at right sleeve and working across. It went along nicely. The main stitch pattern is Roman stitch, which is basically 2 rows of seed stitch followed by 4 rows of stockinette for the 6 row repeat.

Instead of binding off then picking up 241 stitches for the seed stitch front band, I put live stitches on waste yarn, then did a provisional cast on (which I learned about from KP) for the other side. That left only a few stitches to pick up around the back of the neck.

I knit pretty much on gauge, so this followed pattern suggestion of US size 6 for main body, size 5 for seed stitch bands. I used Lion Brand ZZ Twist yarn in periwinkle (one of my color favorites). It may be discontinued as I got all they had on clearance. It is 100% acrylic, and has a rather spongy feel to it when knit up.

I have enough that I may make a sleeveless shell with seed stitch neckline to wear as a twin set.

Thanks for looking!

The pattern is free on Ravelry or
naturallyCaron.com

Attachments

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom