Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stuck on my pattern - can anyone help please?
I have 76 sts. It says: cast off 5 sts at the beginning of the next and 4 following alternate rows.
So do I decrease over 9 rows?
Row 1 dec 5
Row 2 no dec
Row 3 dec 5
Row 4 no dec
Row 5 dec 5
Row 6 no dec
Row 7 dec 5
Row 8 no dec
Row 9 dec 5
(Dec a total of 25 sts = 52 left)
But if I do this the decreases will all be on the same side won’t they?
Help! ????

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Just from what you’ve posted, your interpretation sounds correct, because you’re only doing the left side. That’s the section you’re on according to the photo of the pattern you included.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you both I think all my decreases should be on the one side as it looks like there is no decreasing on the other side? - looks like a straight edge where it meets in the middle

·
Registered
52,621 Posts
nibbles511 said:
Thank you both I think all my decreases should be on the one side as it looks like there is no decreasing on the other side? - looks like a straight edge where it meets in the middle
Correct- almost always the shaping on a cardigan front is different on the two ends of the work. This looks like no shaping at all on the side which is the centre.

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
nibbles511 said:
Yes, and look for the mirror image on the right side ????

·
Registered
23,222 Posts
nibbles511 said:
I have 76 sts. It says: cast off 5 sts at the beginning of the next and 4 following alternate rows.
Row 1 dec 5
Row 2 no dec
Row 3 dec 5
Row 4 no dec
Row 5 dec 5
Row 6 no dec
Row 7 dec 5
Row 8 no dec
Row 9 dec 5
But if I do this the decreases will all be on the same side won't they?
Help! ????
Yes, all decreases would be on same side. Are you working on one side of the front? If so, that is probably correct.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
nibbles511 said:
Row 1 dec 5
Row 2 no dec
Row 3 dec 5
Row 4 no dec
Row 5 dec 5
Row 6 no dec
Row 7 dec 5
Row 8 no dec
Row 9 dec 5
But if I do this the decreases will all be on the same side won't they?
Help! ????
Yes, your understanding of the pattern is correct and as you look to be knitting one of the front parts then the decreases must be for the armholes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom