Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you feel the need to catch up on past KP forums if you miss a few days? I love this site so much and I don't want to miss a single thing that anyone has to say, so.... I am almost always at least two or three days behind the current forum! So then I don't comment, because I feel that KP'ers aren't reading that thread any more. Even now, I have put on hold two days of forums so I could ask this question. Is there any hope for me? LOL

·
Registered
32,656 Posts
JOIN the club! I spend so much of my time on this forum and love every minute of it. hard to keep up.

Just a suggestion if it is too much -- go to your profile and unclick the spots where it says to deliver the emails to your email address - as well as the one about private messages.

I did that and now each morning I go into the home page and
click on the ones I want to read each day. any time I have time I also check out the active topics and one day I went through the recent unread topics. that way I AM in control of my time here.

works for me - you might want to try it. :thumbup: :thumbup: ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Designer1234, I just took your advice and unchecked my email deliveries. I am getting better about choosing topics to read, but I need to work on that a bit more.

·
Super Moderator
Name on Ravelry: JessicaJean, no hyphen, no space.
87,165 Posts
I gave up on keeping up last summer! I delete the daily digests unread. I read responses that come into my inbox and I read some of the Unread Topics. That's already more than enough! No one human can possibly read every post every day.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I only read what interests me and if there are too many pages on the blog I don't answer. I used to get over 65 messages on my emails so now I only have approximately 22 - 30 on all my emails not just KP and I try to do it nightly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! I need to be more prudent in my topic selections, but I get sucked in by the titles. For a while, I was deleting everything that was more than three days old. I guess I need to go back to that rule. Thanks for your help on this. At least I'm not alone with this "dilemma"!

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
I only read what is of interest to me also. I work and do not have the time to look through all of the posts. I would love to as I do learn so much. I turned off my e-mail preference because I was getting to many. As for posting on something that has to many pages if you read any of the posts some one usually has said what you are going to say any way. I do not think a lot of people read all the comments before they post( this has been a long time thing happening). Some times the question has been answered many times in the post many pages back. If I see something very pretty I tell them any way even if there are 3 or 4 pages there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, mama879, I have noticed questions repeated and thought it wasn't considerate to the person who the questions were directed to. I suppose that is another way to manage the forum for some people--just jump in at the end of a thread and ask a question.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom