Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just need some opinions from around the world. This is the sign that has been posted outside of a church I drive by. The sign has been posted for over a year, once in a while they will put up something else for a week or two then revert to this. I have to pass this church on my way to town and back every time I go out. because of the rural area, the only way to avoid it is to go north into KY then around to the interstate, adding over 20 miles to my trip.
I am deeply offended by the sign, the first time I saw it I was so upset that I was shaking. A young man who works at the library told me that he called the church to complain and was hung up on.

Please note the name of the church as well.

Attachments

· Registered
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Just out of curiosity I called a friend who happens to be a Baptist minister in another church. He told me that the one at the church in question advises the men in his congregation to rule their households with "a raised fist" , his words. Probably part of the same group I had a problem with at work some years back. A Baptist minister that was a regular customer happened to notice the Star of David I wore around my neck and started screaming at me that I needed to drop to my knees and kiss his feet and beg for forgiveness so I could be saved. He knew that if I said anything I would be fired for talking back to a customer.... isn't such open mindedness beautiful? LOL

· Registered
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I find it offensive to all women. He does have the right to say it, I never said that he didn't. A person has the right to stand on a street corner and call out the"N" word as well. I am sure most would find that offensive.
Unfortunately the sign is a few feet from the church's hidden driveway on a road with a 55MPH speed limit. It's hard to not notice the sign when checking for cars but I try my best. Of course, my grandson who is frequently in the car with me feels the need to read all the marques out loud. Usually they are funny due to letters falling out. Here in the Bible belt I pass 14 churches on my 11 mile trek to the library.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom