Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a rare sunny day today, so I made the most of it!
There are lots of "edges" in the back garden, that get very scruffy .... so l've been trimming the edges .... with scissors.
Anybody else do this? Am l mad? (crazy - US)
If you want to see a video of what l did today, ( tap it for sound/commentary...) follow this link to my instagram page...
http://instagr.am/p/BJLOj5VAsX6/ Hilary x

Attachments

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
WOW! I did the samething when I lived at home. What a chore but I got through it. We did not have an edger at the time. You did a beautiful job and your property is beautiful as well. How long did it take you? You must have been energized!

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ragdoll03 said:
WOW! I did the samething when I lived at home. What a chore but I got through it. We did not have an edger at the time. You did a beautiful job and your property is beautiful as well. How long did it take you?
All day today!
:sm16:

·
Registered
33,666 Posts
I wouldn't say you are "mad" for doing this, if you found it enjoyable. I think you are VERY lucky to be able to get down that low and then "get up again" - I'd still be there (in a heap). It all looks lovely and neat - but there must be an easier way??????????????

·
Registered
12,074 Posts
Certainly not something I would do, but your efforts are well worth it! Gorgeous yard/gardens. :sm01:

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
My sewing shears cost more than my edger, so I don't see me doing anything like that soon. But....I have used my wet dry vac to clean up the hemlock cones in my front yard. For those that don't know, hemlock has mini pinecones, less than an inch. When they let loose, they are hard to rake out of the ivy and flower beds. Vacuuming is much easier.

Oh, and your yard is lovely.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bettyirene said:
I wouldn't say you are "mad" for doing this, if you found it enjoyable. I think you are VERY lucky to be able to get down that low and then "get up again" - I'd still be there (in a heap). It all looks lovely and neat - but there must be an easier way??????????????
My knees are awful bettyirene! I can't get up & down easily, ... so I "walk" round on my bottom ! Part of the time l am lying down on the job !!! :sm17:

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OccasionallyKnotty said:
My sewing shears cost more than my edger, so I don't see me doing anything like that soon. But....I have used my wet dry vac to clean up the hemlock cones in my front yard. For those that don't know, hemlock has mini pinecones, less than an inch. When they let loose, they are hard to rake out of the ivy and flower beds. Vacuuming is much easier.

Oh, and your yard is lovely.
We do have the old vacuum for the garden !

·
Registered
11,515 Posts
What a wonderful view you have! No wonder you want the yard to be perfect! But please do not feel that you must do this all the time - life is too short!

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
Very lovely yard. Yes you are crazy. I know because I am also crazy. I once lived in a small apartment and wanted a lawn out front so it would not be such a sad looking place. The lawn was only about 6' x 4' and I did not have a mower and when it first came up it was very delicate and could not handle being tread upon. So I used scissors to trim it until it was full grown. By that time I moved out so some one else had to take care of it.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Beautiful grounds and I am sure when you complete the job you have a great deal of satisfaction. Plus "it keeps you off the streets and out of the bars!!!!!!" No insult intended, just a little humor.
I am curious how often you have to trim like that.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom