Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today has been wonderful! First, Anni329, who posted those luscious pictures a few days ago, did the sweetest thing! She sent me her teen capelet pattern, but it was crochet and I only knit. I joked that I would give it to my grand daughter's Mother to do as she crochets nice pot holders. Today Anni sent a sweet note and an incredibly beautiful potholder pattern for my D-in-L. It is called chrysanthemum.

Then later today, I heard from the Ravelry designer Sara Gresbach
. I bought her Hoodsie pattern for my Grandson, who is a very large 8, because it was suitable for children and teens. But the pattern turned out to be called Adult Hoodsie. I wrote to her to ask if there was a teen pattern instead. It is all one pattern, but she offered to convert it for me. I dumped all my problems on her, Andy's size and age, different yarn, smaller needles, and that my first convertion effort would keep an elephant warm. Bless her heart, moments later she sent suggestions for size, why my needles and yarn would work as she knit tightly, and a tip to make sure the hood would be right. All for a $4.00 sale.

Two wonderful knitters/crocheters made a fussy old lady very happy today. As someone posted a few days ago, knitters truly are nurturers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
I think that hadcrafters in general are like this. We "feel their pain" so to speak. a kind of been there done that attitude ad we enjoy making someone feel better. By helping someone else we help ourselves. and it is just right to help others
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,239 Posts
chrissyf said:
I think that hadcrafters in general are like this. We "feel their pain" so to speak. a kind of been there done that attitude ad we enjoy making someone feel better. By helping someone else we help ourselves. and it is just right to help others
I agree 100%. You said it so much better than I could
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
I agree with all of you; KP is a great place "to hang out." I need something in the morning after the dogs are taken care of -- something that shows me I am not the only knitter or crocheter; something that answers my questions even if they are trivial to others; something that educates (I learn new skills); and something that starts my day with a bit of humor -- KP is just the place for me. Thanks so much!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
KP unbelievable friendliness and support is unparalleled anywhere I have seen. The help I have received made me a better knitter and more knowledgeable. Encouragement from all around, seriously, it's unbelievable. Also sharing the experiences, funny and often frustrating, makes fixing them a much less painful experience. Thank you KP members for your generous kindness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
452 Posts
You might like to take a look a shaw pattern that I have knitted several times.The pattern can be found free at
interweave Summer Chawlette. design by Sande Wiseheart. This is a short shaw, but you can add length if you want it long.This pattern was also in the Interweave Summer issue 2010.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
Dreamweaver said:
I second that! I have had some of the nicest experiences on this site and I KNOW that I can always get help when I've knit myself into a corner!!!!!
I just had a great mental picture of you with a room-size afghan which literally had you boxed into a corner and would not let you out until you bound him (her?) off! LOL. Thanks for the laugh!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
I too want to express my gratitude for all of the help, kind words and support that I have received from the knitters on this site. It is truly a wonderful experience to have so many who share their help. I only wish that you all lived near so we could share and become close friends.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
I must add my "two cents". What a great group. So glad I joined. Loving, caring, supportive and UNDERSTANDING are just a few of the adjectives that apply here. Someone even remembered my birthday and sent a greeting! That blew me away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,983 Posts
Silverstreak said:
Dreamweaver said:
I second that! I have had some of the nicest experiences on this site and I KNOW that I can always get help when I've knit myself into a corner!!!!!
I just had a great mental picture of you with a room-size afghan which literally had you boxed into a corner and would not let you out until you bound him (her?) off! LOL. Thanks for the laugh!
OMG, LOL, i just spit allover my moniter, that is so funny, what a picture.
Such a happy bunch, God Bless
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
Well, belated Happy Birthday to you!

Billings said:
I must add my "two cents". What a great group. So glad I joined. Loving, caring, supportive and UNDERSTANDING are just a few of the adjectives that apply here. Someone even remembered my birthday and sent a greeting! That blew me away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,404 Posts
I think this is the best site as well. I haven't had to ask questions because if I had any they were all answered because OP has asked them instead of me. Thanks Girls for all your help (this includes us older ones as well) We are all girls first.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom