Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an email today purportedly from Amazon saying that for security reasons my account had been blocked.
I was suspicious of this, especially when it appeared to have originated in Luxembourg.
I can think of no reason why my account should be blocked. I think it is some sort of scam. Has anyone else had this kind of communication from Amazon or someone saying they were Amazon?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I received an email like that about a week ago and checked Amazon's website because I do have an account with them. It is a scam because if you look closely at the email you will see it did not come from Amazon.com. Mine was from [email protected]; that is not an amazon email. I forwarded my email to [email protected] per the instructions on their website. Who knows if it does any good but one can only try.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I frequently get this type of thing from ebay/amazon/and walmart .. which invariably ends up in my "Scam" folder .. these are "Phisihing" emails trying to ascertain or gather more information about yourself and your accounts. I delete without even thinking .. if amazon or others really want to inform you of some changes etc .. they will email from a proper business account in the country in which you do business.
G

·
Registered
12,264 Posts
Don't go through email. Go directly to amazon and see for yourself, if it has not been blocked, report this to amazon and then change your password. Then you can forget the whole thing and not worry about it. I infact did have my account blocked. They blocked it for my protectection, because it had indeed been compromised and someone was trying to use it. So protect yourself and change your password right away.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I received a similar message from supposedly Microsoft. I spoke with AOL (my browser) as they also support my security benefits. I also spoke with Microsoft and they did NOT send the message. This is a scam that is being sent through different means but they all are scams. Do not click on anything on the message you received.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Gotta watch Facebook too. The ones that ask you to type amen and share is phishing. You know the ones, beautiful downs child needs a like, abused puppy needs a share, if you don't know them personally (even though a friend sent it) don't repost or share, that's how your info is passed.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Several years ago someone got our bank card number & attempted a very large Amazon purchase. A real human called with the notification & had security measures in place. Saved us a big headache. Like someone else said, call customer service yourself.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
deenashoemaker said:
Gotta watch Facebook too. The ones that ask you to type amen and share is phishing. You know the ones, beautiful downs child needs a like, abused puppy needs a share, if you don't know them personally (even though a friend sent it) don't repost or share, that's how your info is passed.
Thanks for the info about FB. I'm a new FB user and wondered about that.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Yes I had it two days running and ignored it. I have also had it in the past with PayPal too. It is a scam and they are trying to get your bank details.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
The scammers get cleverer by the day. In the UK we often get things posted by Amazon SARL, based in Luxembourg!
I agree with other postings. Go Directly to your Amazon account. If it looks OK, find the Fraud/Security Department details and forward the email to them.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom