Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Good looking grandchildren! Perfect models for your beautiful sweaters. :thumbup:

I agree charity knitting is rewarding. It's one way we can help to brighten the lives of those in need, or those who are ill, or the elderly in nursing homes.

Keep up the good work!
Charity Knitter

·
Registered
553 Posts
OMG They are beautiful. the sweaters and the children . They are so lucky and so are you. My mother used to knit sweaters for her 3 daughters and their husbands and children to match each group . what ever fit their life styles. My husband was a pilot so ours all had clouds and airplane's on them. I eventually learned to fly too. I can't believe I actually flew a single engine plane. 2 seater Both my kids ended up being pilots too. But I still have the kids sweaters and that was 40 years ago. :) :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always made them Christmas sweaters but these were made right after 9/11. Funny, but their friends have often borrowed the Christmas sweaters for their kids to wear for their professional holiday pics.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw all the beautiful sweaters!!!!
What an amazing woman you are to knit all of them!!! How long did it take to knit that many???? I can't imagine myself doing anything life that!!!!! Super job!!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only amazing thing was that four of them live out of town and I had to guess on sizes. They all turned out fine except for Alex's (top middle) which could have been a little longer.

·
Registered
14,208 Posts
Bramleygal said:
I used to make matching sweaters for my grandchildren every year but now that I have ten I no longer knit for them :) I stick to charity knitting instead which is so rewarding. I found the pattern on in the internet but can no longer find it.
Just beautiful...
Sweaters too lol...

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Several years ago I crocheted a afghan "flag" for my
neices grandsons twin bed. Can not find the picture
but it took me awhile to finish it due to working at that
time. He loved it, his Grandmother would not let him
take it when he moved to another state with his mother.
He will be starting college this fall, years fly by when you
get older. Beautiful job on the sweaters. Beautiful children.

·
Registered
39,043 Posts
I don't remember which one, but one of the yarn companies had a free sweater pattern that was either this one or a similar one. Might have been Lion Brand. I don't have time to look right now, got to leave in a few minutes, but maybe that will be enough to help you find it.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Hooray for the red, white and blue :thumbup: I love them!

·
Registered
20,978 Posts
OMG. You did an awesome job. Those sweaters re beautiful, and so are the kids.

I can't imagine the hours you worked.
God Bless You and God Bless the USA.

Linda

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom