Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Serengeti said:
This was my first Fair Isle project. I figured I should start small, so I knitted this skating skirt, sweater and hat for my daughter's AG doll.
That is beautiful! Could you make one for me in a size 12? Hee hee!!!! You have great talent! Thanks so much for sharing!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the great feedback! It was a fun project.

The pattern (for all who asked) is from Bernat and is available in a booklet of knit & crochet patterns for $3.95(US). Here's the link: http://www.bernat.com/patternbook.php?PBS=530112

I found that the instructions for the pleated skirt were a little cumbersome for finishing, so I modified the waistband. If you knit for 1 inch (approx 7 rows), then purl a row for a neat turn row, then knit another 1 inch (same number of rows as the first half of the waistband--important!). Do a 3-needle bind-off by folding at the turn row and picking up the matching stitches on the wrong side of the skirt. Essentially, you're binding off and creating the elastic pocket at the same time. Then snake your 3/4" elastic through the pocket, sew together the ends of the elastic securely and sew up only one seam in the skirt.

If you get to the waistband and need clearer instructions, please let me know via private message. I'm happy to help!
Erin

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom