Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
I have heard that once you get one, you'll get another. I'm afraid to try in case I come out looking like a story book or cartoon...:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,104 Posts
I really don't like them. But its a personal thing. My daughter had a small fish on her stomach that grew with her pregnancy, from a sprat to a whale!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a butterfly on my left calf. Had it done 10 years ago and it still looks like the day I got it. The key to not having saggy tattoos is to moisturize them every day! All three of my tats look great. I get lots of compliments about them and that included college professors at a very prestigious university! Even my neurosurgeon likes them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
farmgirl said:
I have a butterfly on my left calf. Had it done 10 years ago and it still looks like the day I got it. The key to not having saggy tattoos is to moisturize them every day! All three of my tats look great. I get lots of compliments about them and that included college professors at a very prestigious university! Even my neurosurgeon likes them!
Farmgirl please tell me the name of your moisturiser, if it works on your tattoos it may work on my face (actually, probably too late, been using the wrong moisturiser)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,983 Posts
there are so many beautiful tattoos out there that Ive seen but, Im from the old school. You only saw tattoos at the carnival on the tattooed lady, and it was thought to be trashy and trampy. NOT to imply that of anyone reading this, but old ideas still stay with some of us reguadless of what in or out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,226 Posts
I have had women and men warn me NOT to get them, because they regreted it later. Some even had them removed. I was told it is a painful process to remove them. I think the human body is more beautiful without them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tryalot said:
farmgirl said:
I have a butterfly on my left calf. Had it done 10 years ago and it still looks like the day I got it. The key to not having saggy tattoos is to moisturize them every day! All three of my tats look great. I get lots of compliments about them and that included college professors at a very prestigious university! Even my neurosurgeon likes them!
Farmgirl please tell me the name of your moisturiser, if it works on your tattoos it may work on my face (actually, probably too late, been using the wrong moisturiser)
I use Keri moisturizer...not sure it would be good for your face...too thick and greasy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,610 Posts
I have a rose, a butterfly, a Chinese symbol meaning tranquility, and an Om symbol. I don't regret any of the tattoos I have. I suppose regretting them is getting something that meant something at the time but no longer holds value ie: ex's name, a gang tattoo etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AJP said:
I have had women and men warn me NOT to get them, because they regreted it later. Some even had them removed. I was told it is a painful process to remove them. I think the human body is more beautiful without them.
I am sure there are people who regret it later. I gave much thought to all three of my tattoos and they all have a deep meaning to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,610 Posts
tryalot said:
farmgirl said:
I have a butterfly on my left calf. Had it done 10 years ago and it still looks like the day I got it. The key to not having saggy tattoos is to moisturize them every day! All three of my tats look great. I get lots of compliments about them and that included college professors at a very prestigious university! Even my neurosurgeon likes them!
Farmgirl please tell me the name of your moisturiser, if it works on your tattoos it may work on my face (actually, probably too late, been using the wrong moisturiser)
Tryalot I use Aveeno on my face
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
I Have 2 in memory of my late son,and just saw what i think is a really neat idea for one.It was of a note that a son had written to his dad. The person then had the note copied in a tat.As I too have a note from when my son when he was young I think it will make a sweet tribute to him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mollietink said:
I Have 2 in memory of my late son,and just saw what i think is a really neat idea for one.It was of a note that a son had written to his dad. The person then had the note copied in a tat.As I too have a note from when my son when he was young I think it will make a sweet tribute to him.
I love that! My brother lost his son when he was 16 months old. The baby loved Winnie the Pooh so my brother got a Winnie the Pooh with "Forever Young" underneath, tattooed on his arm. After our Father died my brother got "Dad" tattooed on him as well. I think it is a lovely tribute.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,247 Posts
I have one tattoo on my ankle of a rose with a butterfly hovering over it. My daughter got it for me for Mother's Day years ago. At the time, I liked it. Now I wish I didn't have it. It is a rose I will take to my grave. It doesn't go with everything, either. Since I am no longer young, I don't care for tattoos at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
I always wanted a tattoo and finally got one after my first husband died, just a small butterfly to remind me that he is now free of all the pain and suffering. My father just recently died and I want to get a tattoo of an anchor with the word Dad. Don't know exactly what I want and you have to be sure because they are forever. My Dad was in the Navy and very proud of it, but he did not like tattoos. The only sailor I think that didn't. I will get one to honor him. Tattoos are very personal to some people with meaning. I don't want to be a 80 yr old with a tattoo of a tweety bird. THINK BEFORE YOU INK
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom