Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
I've just come back from my 5-day trip to yellowstone and yes, I brought a scarf with me to knit on the flights. And I've also knitted in the park! My friends decided to take a short hike near the Lower Falls in the yellowstone canyon and I can't go as I'm acrophobia, so I just sat near the canyon and knitted for a while. That's a place that I had not imagined myself knitting at before! And it feels so good to knit in the nature...I really wish that my boyfriend is into fishing or something like that so we could go into the countryside together where he will fish and I could just sit beside him and knit.. :) And then I thought it would be nice to share this topic on KP and get to know what are the unusual places where the other fellow knitters like you have been knitting at.

We had a leak coming in from the roof and my Hubby (bless him.... he thought of it!!) put a chair under the eaves and asked me to do my knitting while he got the hose pipe and poured water on the roof to see where the leak was.
This will make you laugh he must have thought it would take a while I only managed to knit 12 stitches on No. 14 needles!!
lol :lol:

Yellowstone sounds like the perfect place to knit. Someone told me in NC they have rocking chairs and they meet knitting in the mountains. That sounds like a treat. I was driving one afternoon and I saw a lady crocheting when she was at a Stop Light. Now that is really unusual! :thumbup:

Discussion starter · #5 ·
sandj said:
Yellowstone sounds like the perfect place to knit. Someone told me in NC they have rocking chairs and they meet knitting in the mountains. That sounds like a treat. I was driving one afternoon and I saw a lady crocheting when she was at a Stop Light. Now that is really unusual! :thumbup:
That's very impressive! Wonder when I'd be able to do that :)

When we visit Door County, my husband and I have a favorite bench in Newport State Park. He reads, iknit.. I love the sound of the waves---very relaxing and a beautiful view as well.

I have knitted in the picture theatre and in the doctors surgery as well as when we went camping. I knit at every opportunity. Hope you enjoyed your holiday.

knitting and enjoying nature go very well together. A couple of years ago my husband suggested that our girls go to a natural science camp that met for 3 hours a day, an hour drive from our house. He said, since it's too far to go home after you take them, just take your knitting, they have a beautiful covered porch with rockers by the lake. It was a lovely week, especially the day it rained gently.

I knit anywhere and everywhere I can. One that brought the most attention was at a Cleveland Cavs game several years ago. I was sitting there knitting away when all the sudden I was on the Jumbo-tron (sp) - the four-sided giant TV screen above the basketball court. I just smiled and kept knitting. But I'd much rather have been knitting in Yellowstone. I'm so thankful for our beautiful National and State Parks - our country is truly blessed with natural beauty.

My cousing and I love to knit in the park in Marine City, Michigan. Sometimes, we move up to Port Huron, but the park in Marine City is our favorite because the bookstore is right across the street and there is an ice cream parlor attached to it. We have everything we need to have a great Saturday.

I have had yearly passes for five or six years to Biltmore Estates in Asheville NC. My favorite place to knit is the back porch of the house. I get lost in my work and feel the way it must have been 100 years ago. I love to knit at the trout pond up there too. You know I am not crazy but some of the people who pass me might think I am. I feel like I am truely blessed. Thank you Lord

1. In the parking lot of Englishtown Raceway while my husband was competing his custom trike. I was knitting an alpaca stole.

2. At a gym while waiting to compete in powerlifting (yeah the barbell stuff). The baby blanket got some positive comments. I won my age and weight class in the lifting.

i used to travel alot. i collected crochet heights. top of the eiffel tower, the leaning tower of pisa, the cupola of st paul's, empire state bldg., bunker hill monument, st.louis arch (gateway to the west), aspen mountain (double diamond run),etc. now i can barely leave the apartment...
oh well.............memories

I was just thinking of this last Saturday. Our local Walmart has benches near the wall at the checkout end of the store. My son and I usually sit on one of these benches while we wait for my husband and daughter to take care of paying for the groceries and putting them in the cart. Last Saturday I thought why couldn't I knit there while I'm waiting? Don't know if I'll be brave enough to try it, though!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom