Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://tinyurl.com/6upf92l

I love this app! On my Samsung Galaxy tablet I can track my place on a chart, highlight text and bookmark my place. I also have it on my cell phone but of course it's easier to see on the bigger tablet. I generally don't pay for apps but this one is worth every penny of the $4.99 cost. An instructor I had in a lace class recommended it and it's been a huge help. Plus I always have my tablet with me anyway so I don't have to carry around papers, tapes, markers, etc.

I like to enlarge the chart and draw a text box frame around the row I'm on. You can choose what color you want the frame to be. As I move from row to row, I can move that text box. You can also highlight a row if you prefer but you can't move the highlight, you have to draw a new one each time...which works out pretty well if you have a pattern that calls for a stitch pattern on the WS, as in some lace designs. Such as RS rows in yellow, WS rows in pink.

I'm using it mainly on PDF patterns and charts but you can use it on any kind of PDF document. Since I learned to read charts I've translated some patterns from written directions to charts using Excel. Once the spreadsheet is saved as a PDF file, I can use it in the app.

Check out the website and watch the video.

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
That sounds fabulous. I just don't know how to get anything downloaded to my I-pad yet. Can't wait to find time to take the class because having all my patterns available is one of my top priorities for it. I'll be getting this one as soon as I know how. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dreamweaver said:
That sounds fabulous. I just don't know how to get anything downloaded to my I-pad yet. Can't wait to find time to take the class because having all my patterns available is one of my top priorities for it. I'll be getting this one as soon as I know how. Thanks!!
I almost got an iPad but when I couldn't figure out how to do the simplest thing in the store, I figured I better stick with what I already knew! Good luck...I know you'll love it all once you 'graduate'!

cmbul said:
DeeKnits
Do you think this could be used on a Kindle Fire
I don't know anything about any of the Kindles, I have Nook readers. I guess it depends if it will read the Android/Honeycomb operating system. You could go to the Amazon store and look it up. If it's listed, it'll work.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dreamweaver said:
I have an iPad and I use the neu.Annotate app to do the same thing to charts and patterns (in PDF format). Works like a charm.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kindle Fire uses Android, so the app should work on it. I have a Fire I got for Christmas that is already so loaded with books, PDF Patterns and apps it is packed. I will check this new app out. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
Just searched I pad. No luck. They do have something similar called PDF expert. It is 9.99. Seems like a great idea. I don't know if iwill purchase or not.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Just got it - I have nearly all my patterns on my Galaxy Tab as well, and this will be very nice to have.

Thanks for the tip on using a text box and moving it - I highlighted part of the text and then found I couldn't un-highlight it.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Mevbb said:
Just searched I pad. No luck. They do have something similar called PDF expert. It is 9.99. Seems like a great idea. I don't know if iwill purchase or not.
There are thousands of iPad apps for eading PDF that are free - the neu.Annotate app is also free but allows you to make annotations.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Some apps are definitely worth paying for. This looks like one. THANKS

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mmmmm, sounds interestings, it's worth a look. I have the Kindle Fire too, and I think you can read pdf files on it by emailing them. I haven't really looked into it, and I am not sure if you can highlight anything, but I might give it a try when I have time.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Frogsong said:
I just bought it off Amazon for my Kindle Fire. But for the life of me, I don't know how to use it.
If you go to the Android Maketplace, there's a video of how to do the various things. If that doesn't help, PM me and I'll try to walk you through the things I do on it.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I use knitCompanion on my iPad. It cost $15.00, but it's amazing!

I also have PDF notes, which is free, but it doesn't keep track of where I left off on my multiple WIPs for me; I have to leave a note on it when I stop.

·
Registered
738 Posts
kathiba194 said:
Frogsong said:
I just bought it off Amazon for my Kindle Fire. But for the life of me, I don't know how to use it.
That's exactly why I didn't buy it. If you figure it out let me know.
I finally figured it out. It does work on the Kindle Fire. What happened is I was emailing my PDF's to my Kindle with the word convert in the subject line to convert them to I think Kindles Mobi format. If you just sent the PDF's to your Kindle as PDF's without converting, then it works.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Frogsong said:
kathiba194 said:
Frogsong said:
That's exactly why I didn't buy it. If you figure it out let me know.
I finally figured it out. It does work on the Kindle Fire. What happened is I was emailing my PDF's to my Kindle with the word convert in the subject line to convert them to I think Kindles Mobi format. If you just sent the PDF's to your Kindle as PDF's without converting, then it works.
Thank you so much. Bought it today. It is great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks so much for the link to RepliGo. I love having my patterns on the Nook, but I also love lace and color work and found the charts hard to follow. I downloaded RepliGo and it worked perfectly and easily. I do believe you've added a boost to my already happy knitting life.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom