Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Here are pics of Big Daddy and Pepper with their new halters that smc who is a partner in Kustom Halters made for them. She donated them because Daddy and Pepper are rescue horses that I took in at the end of June and we are progressing fine. Each has gained over 100lbs so far. They look like thoroughbreds in their new halters and I can't thank you enough SMC for making them for them. Yes, angels do exist and they are on the knitting paradise forum.

Attachments

Bless you for rescuing those beautiful equines.

What lucky horses to have found a hime with you. Bless you for caring.
Linda

Angles come in all shapes and sizes. There are many knids of angels on this forum. You are 100% correct. Some share patterns, some help others with problems in knitting, crocheting, or other crafts or problems. This site is very unique in it has so many wonderful people who do so many GOOD AND WONDERFUL THINGS. :thumbup: :lol: ;)

First of all I want to thank you,PK, for making a place in your heart and life to save these incredible creatures. How BEAUTIFUL! Blesses my soul to look at them and read about what your doing and how they are prospering with your TLC.

If you enjoy reading about rescued horses that help to rescue children you'll be so encouraged by others who save horses from needless suffering and death.

The place is called Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch founded by Kim Meeder and her husband Troy. Her first book "Hope Rising" had me crying tears of joy and awe.

"A Bridge Called Hope" is also about saving Horses and Children.

"Blind Hope: An unwanted dog and the woman she rescued"

Pepper reminds me of my Great Grandfather's horse that he sat me on when I was about 3 years old. She was so huge and yet so gentle and I was totally unafraid and fell madly in love and am still moved by that experience.

There really are people out there who care and others who wish they could be a part of the solution but don't know how.

Thank you for taking the initiative and inspiring us to find a way to do our part.

Blessings to you and to those you bless.

Pearl

Discussion starter · #18 ·
StellasKnits said:
They're so beautiful! To have rescued those gorgeous horses was truly the work of an angel. The halters also show what a giving spirit we have here on KP. Kudos to both of you!
Don't consider myself an angel just somebody that cares. I wish I had room for more as it breaks my heart to see the condition that Daddy and Pepper were in when they first arrived. Daddy had so many ticks in his mane, it took me hours out in the pasture pulling them out with tweezers. Then his neck was all crusty and oozing from them. He is fine now. They could barely hold themselves up from being so weak. Now they trot up to the gate for their breakfast. That is my reward. Seeing them gaining their strength and watching them get round bellies. Cruelty comes in many forms. The knitters on this forum are awesome people. Kudos to you all!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom