Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the archives of The New York Times

A Cat Hatching Chickens

In a little shanty at the north-west corner of Fifteenth-st. and Third-avenue, Brooklyn, a cat has hatched three broods of chickens during the present Summer, and is now sitting on a fourth. Officer Jonah Evans, of the Sanitary Squad, who resides in the neighborhood, heard of the cat's performance, and, having his curiosity excited, visited the shanty and found Pussy seated on the eggs. He learned on inquiry that the cat had already hatched and raised several broods of chickens.

Published September 21, 1879

·
Registered
6,292 Posts
Poor Purl said:
From the archives of The New York Times

A Cat Hatching Chickens

In a little shanty at the north-west corner of Fifteenth-st. and Third-avenue, Brooklyn, a cat has hatched three broods of chickens during the present Summer, and is now sitting on a fourth. Officer Jonah Evans, of the Sanitary Squad, who resides in the neighborhood, heard of the cat's performance, and, having his curiosity excited, visited the shanty and found Pussy seated on the eggs. He learned on inquiry that the cat had already hatched and raised several broods of chickens.

Published September 21, 1879
PP, were there pictures? When I tried to open it, it was black. Great story.

·
Registered
19,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mdhh said:
PP, were there pictures? When I tried to open it, it was black. Great story.
I couldn't get it to do anything right. There was only this picture, but I can't see what's in the kitty's mouth.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,745 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom