Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made some ankle socks for Mom. Used Fiesta Yarn called Boomerang in the color cinnamon. This is worsted weight yarn and is superwash. C/O 48 sts on #3 needles.

16 rounds of 1X1 rib
Do the heel flap, turn the heel and gusset decrease to 48 sts
35 rounds for the foot (instep pattern is P1, K6, P1, K8, P1, K6, P1)
Toe decrease to 16 sts
Kitchener stitch close.

One skein knits up the pair leaving 38 grams of yarn.

These are great for her in the summer and keep her feet nice and warm. She does not have the best circulation.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Your socks are absolutely wonderful. I love the color. Here in the South, this is the type sock worn. It is just too hot for a longer sock. I love the worsted weight socks for "sock slippers". Congratulations, your mom will love them.

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
Very nice work!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Beautifully done...love the color...your mother should be very happy. I knit myself ankle socks...using a 1.5 circular needle...I cast on 64 stitches...using the 2 x 2 ribbing for 10 rounds and then 20 rounds to the heel flap...I guess my question is would the depth from the top of ribbing to the heel flap be long enough as I am using the 1.5 needle? I also like your pattern on the instep. Anyone have any suggestions on the question I posed?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom