Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made this hoodie for my dear friend's 4 year old granddaughter. Here is Anna modeling it. Getting this picture made my day - I have never met Anna in person! When her grandma said that her friend, Sandy, had made this sweater for her, Anna eyes got wide, "Sandy like the hurricane?"
The pattern is Lion Brand Free Knitting Pattern 80979AD Weekend Hoodie -- pattern is for sizes child's 2 to adult 3x.
I used the Lion Brand Homespun. It was difficult to work with at first but I did manage. Love the way it feels and it washed up great.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
It is so satisfying to know that this little girl is so happy with your creation this reaction makes knitting so worthwhile

·
Registered
11,986 Posts
How sweet. I made a bunch of the Lion Brand hoodies for my family and friends. My grand daughter wore the first one until the sleeves were nearly up to her elbows. I made the second one, not realizing it was the same size as the first,gave that one to little neighbor girl, since they have 2 girls, made the second one for them. Then made another for my gd. She never did wear them out, they were washed at least 3 times a week, she wore them every single day for months. Then I made her the last one, adult size, about 4 years ago, she still wears it, she still owns the first one and the second one too. I made for some of the adults in the family as well. They were all made of Home Spun, Lion brand that is. I have not done any spinning myself, just something I don't think I would have time for, with all the knitting and cross stitch I do. Thank you for sharing the picture you recieved. I have only a few pictures of sweaters I give away, but they are pretty special.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom