Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here was a member , And if you liked it and is it worth the value of the membership? Also how challenging are the projects? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do too but thought but being a new knitter I thought it would be a neat way to get new projects.
P.s Thank you for your quick reply.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I tried it few years back and to be honest didn't care for it and stopped halfway through. Many times the project had a huge error
but they did resend - at no charge - but just didn't care for the projects they sent. Maybe I'm too fussy but most of the items I paid for and gave to my neighbor for her to play with.
If you do join up let us know on the forum what you thought about it!
Good Luck!

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
I am not a member, but I do have to say that I get their catalogue and have ordered things from it. I like their selection & pictures better than Mary Maxim. They also have a decent online catalogue and I have used that as well. Just tossin in my 2 cents worth. :)

Anita

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
This was asked not too long ago and me and another KPer were the only ones who were members and do like it. The patterns give a variety of things to make which is one reason I like it with an even wider variety of yarn. I always have a lot of yarn left over to make other things as well. If I were you I'd try it. You're under no obligation to keep getting them. Also they really care what we think of their kits and have a small survey to get people's opinion.

·
Registered
521 Posts
mollietink said:
I was wondering if anyone here was a member , And if you liked it and is it worth the value of the membership? Also how challenging are the projects? Thank you in advance.
I joined. First kit was for three different scarves, #2 was for a Teddy Bear and #3 was for a baby cocoon. We don't have babies or small children in our family and didn't care for the scarves. Two of the scarves were made with pink yarn & I don't wear pink anything. The cocoon yarn is a light #3 size light green yarn and I am going to use it to make my first Ashton Shawl. Then I will buy some better yarn in a variegated to make another shawl. I cancelled my membership in the club.

·
Registered
31 Posts
First time putting something on here, don't know if I'm doing it correctly! I am doing this Annie's Hook & Needle Club, and I'm not too happy with most of there stuff, most of it's not what I go for, and haven't had an ultra easy time with a couple of the patterns...definately didn't like the bear! Figure there will eventually be something I will really like in it! Plus, been busy lately, so haven't had too much time to do many of them! I might try a couple here soon!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I joined and received several kits last year. I decided the two skeins of yarn and beginner patterns were not worth the $25 price tag (after shipping). So I stopped. Another frustration is if I don't want to use the yarn for the pattern supplied, there is no info about the yarn on the label. No yarn weight (3,4,5, ect) or any yardages. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom