Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm good with anything under body temperature. But the triple digits are killer. However, our winters are wonderful.

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
Been around that temperature here for the last 3 or 4 weeks here in Reno, too. I feel your pain! Pleasant today only 84 and feels like heaven, ????. Hang in there, stay as cool as you can.

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
We just got over 8 days of triple digits (106-108) and now they tell us it is coming back.......I cannot wait for fall to arrive. This winter's forcast is drought conditions for California and I do hope they are wrong (La Nina).....we need rain or is it El Nina.....I remember the Nina part.

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
My son just got back from motorcycle trip from Reno, NV to Chicago IL, said it was miserable hot the whole 3 week trip.

·
Registered
15,757 Posts
Irish knitter said:
We just got over 8 days of triple digits (106-108) and now they tell us it is coming back.......I cannot wait for fall to arrive. This winter's forcast is drought conditions for California and I do hope they are wrong (La Nina).....we need rain or is it El Nina.....I remember the Nina part.
If we have any kind of Fall weather, it doesn't happen until October. Since I'm a California native, I know how the weather goes most years. We will probably have our worst heat waves in August & September. Usually one last heat wave in October & should be cool by Halloween. However, all bets are off due to global warming...never had such bad drought conditions when I was growing up here. The weatherman has talked about an El Nino for the beginning of this year; but it was all talk. We can only hope to get an El Nino or La Nina this Fall into next year. Don't care what they call it as long as it's a rainy year!

·
Registered
9,940 Posts
In NC we've had the same thing with high humidity since the end of April, first of May with avout 3 days in the low 80's. Yesterday it was one of those days,cloudy all day,stifling humidity, then it started raining. This is significant because it was the last day of packing our pickup with the last of our belongings to move, wait for it, to VERMONT! Now you're thinking we'll be cooler and not so humid. Well most of the summer even Northern New England, including Rochester VT has been in the mid to high 80's and that almost never happens. When we moved to NC my MIL informed us that we wouldn't be saving any money because we'd need to air condition the house. We rarely used our air, if I'd wanted it to be 72 or 75 I'd have stayed in NEw Hampshire.

·
Registered
404 Posts
seamer45 said:
In NC we've had the same thing with high humidity since the end of April, first of May with avout 3 days in the low 80's. Yesterday it was one of those days,cloudy all day,stifling humidity, then it started raining. This is significant because it was the last day of packing our pickup with the last of our belongings to move, wait for it, to VERMONT! Now you're thinking we'll be cooler and not so humid. Well most of the summer even Northern New England, including Rochester VT has been in the mid to high 80's and that almost never happens. When we moved to NC my MIL informed us that we wouldn't be saving any money because we'd need to air condition the house. We rarely used our air, if I'd wanted it to be 72 or 75 I'd have stayed in NEw Hampshire.
Best of luck in your move back to Vermont. I'm going there in September for a week to visit family and friends. There is a cute LYS in Rutland on Rte 4 if you are ever down there. I plan on stopping in when I'm up there! Safe travels!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom