Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
12,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was going to be a Christmas present but another birthday came and claimed it.
Knit of Classic Elite Yarns Believe, a little less than 2 skeins purchased from a thrift store. It is a cotton rayon blend.
This is a free pattern on Ravelry using bulky yarn which I cast on 120 stitches and #8 needles for this drapey slubby worsted weight yarn. The purchased navy buttons are beside it in the photo. This cowl is knit back and forth and secured with buttons. I did not make button holes.
I thought folks that don't knit in the round might like this one.
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ennis-cowl

Attachments

·
Registered
12,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vlsg56 said:
I love that color! Very pretty cowl!

Vickie
The blue is what took it from a Christmas present to the birthday present. I had a friend whose birthday was last Saturday and decided to gift it to her since she loves this color.

·
Registered
12,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bgotte said:
I love that color, beautiful cowl. Thank you for sharing pattern. This might get put on Christmas knitting list.

Bethany
It is a quick knit. I can't say mindless but it is easy. Nice combination of cables and lace. I will place my buttons so the bottom edge opens and sew the top edge closed as in the Ravelry photo.

·
Registered
12,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Crochetnknit said:
Love th color, the buttons, the design, the knitting.

Great job!

Is it possible to knit it so the cowl sits closer to the neck? I don't care for that much space.
The picture is a little deceiving I guess. This just fits over the head and fairly close to the neck. The bottom edge is not joined so it flares out. I don't care for big sloppy cowls either.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom