Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did this very small bear today on size 14 needles (US size 0) and using fine tapestry wool. He sits about one and a half inches tall!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Do you have a pattern you go by? So cute! I collect those little bears. I have quite A collection. Never thought to make my own. Got those little needles so will have to try it. If ever I can get done with knitting for my family so I can do projects I want to do.

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
elainjoyce said:
Do you have a pattern you go by? So cute! I collect those little bears. I have quite A collection. Never thought to make my own. Got those little needles so will have to try it. If ever I can get done with knitting for my family so I can do projects I want to do.
To all of you who want to know about the pattern. It's from Jean Greenhowe's book Jemima-Jane and Friends and is Bearysmall, the tiniest teddy and I've changed the needles to size 14 (0 US size) and very fine wool. My cousin, Penguin, has challenged me to try and make a smaller one. Got to find smaller needles first. Happy knitting.

:-D :-D :D :-D

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Your tiny purple bear is great! Check out www.bugknits.com
Amazing!

PurpleV said:
Did this very small bear today on size 14 needles (US size 0) and using fine tapestry wool. He sits about one and a half inches tall!

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Linda6885 said:
Your tiny purple bear is great! Check out www.bugknits.com
Amazing!

PurpleV said:
Checked out the bugknits site. That is scarily small, I don't think my eyes could cope with knitting that small. but I have just found a suppliers of size 19 and 20 needles! :-D Watch this space :roll:

·
Registered
127 Posts
What is it with you and purple LOL! My favourite colour as well, i might just have to knit myself a little bear as a mascot!

lesley xx

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For my 60th birthday my daughter bought me the book 'When I grow old I will wear purple (and a red hat)' Well I have red hair so don't need the hat. My mother always used to wear purple, but I never did. As she is no longer with us I've taken up the 'mantle', no pun intended. I just love the colour especially the suble shades of heather and misty lilac. My wardrobe seems to just be taken over by the colour and of course everyone buys me purple things. Just finished a heather coloured waistcoat in alpaca yarn, lovely and soft. Colour co-ordinating - no problem!

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
meffie said:
I am an aquarius which makes my birth stone amethyst oh yeah and my hair was purple tother week lol!!! ITS RED NOW!!!
I'm Pisces, but at the end of February so my birth stone is amethyst too. I had purple had not long ago, but my grandson decided that was too wierd. So now occassionally I just have a purple streak! :-D

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You sound as daft as me!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom