Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This lap rug was started before the shawl.
i completed it last night. it didn't actually turn out as i had planned but the effect is reasonable.
because there is red and black in it, it makes it harder to photograph. sorry about the pictures not being all tha clear. all projects are now up to date and i am back to just experimenting again.
not sure what will be on the hook next so in the meantime i hope you like this bit of eye candy too.
have a great day, best regards, JOHN

Attachments

·
Registered
12,306 Posts
John, what a beautiful laprug you have completed. Someone will certainly have a nice gift. (Do you need my address?) LOL

I did an afghan with a pattern similar to this years ago but it was just regular crochet and not Tunisian stitch. I forget now what it was called but you tc into the post 2 rows down then sc , dc 1 in post 1 row down etc. It was interesting and fun to do.

This stitch looks like it might be fun to try too.

The lap rug is great!! I enjoy your posts.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I love that pattern, John. I just did something similar in plastic canvas to turn an empty pickle jar into a candy jar.

One of these days I will get my Tunisian hook out again and give it another try. I have no hope of getting as good as you are but I do like a challenge now and again.

Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring. Regards to sister Margaret.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Great work, John. Love the colors - you can't go wrong with red, white and black but you've done a superb job of combining them.

·
Registered
979 Posts
This is beautiful.......... I know how to do Tunisian; HOWEVER, I hate the Tunisian crochet hooks (all round ... I need a flat area like a regular crochet hook). Do you have any advice on how to use the authentic Tunisian hook?????

I must be incredibly stupid!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom