Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to do a medical records review using Excel. I have my columns set up but need to know if there is anyway I can make it auto start another line instead of typing on into the next column?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Do you mean you want to have it expand the row as necessary to fit the contents instead of overlapping? If so, then you need to highlight the column that you wish to have this property, right click and select Format Cells. There should be an Alignment tab with a text box for "Wrap Text". Tick that, and you're good to go.

Let me know if that doesn't work and you need more help.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,833 Posts
I'm not too sure...but if needed I can set up an Access file that you would only be typing the main information. I can help you with either program.

·
Registered
11,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to both of you! I have nearly 600 pages of records to go through for my adjuster! I just need to make sure it is a searchable document for the adjuster. That way if she needs to look up fractured femur-she can go right to the date and find the x-rays, the Dr's exam and so on.

·
Registered
11,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
diziescott said:
Do you mean you want to have it expand the row as necessary to fit the contents instead of overlapping? If so, then you need to highlight the column that you wish to have this property, right click and select Format Cells. There should be an Alignment tab with a text box for "Wrap Text". Tick that, and you're good to go.

Oh Wow! that worked!!!!! :) :thumbup: Thanks a huge bunch! You have helped me save hours of frustration!

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
knovice knitter said:
http://www.learnmicrosoftexcel.com/free_tutorials/free_tutorials_with_video.htm?gclid=CLivhJLIu60CFYHrKgodRlCSAw

Here's a link to helpful tutorials on anything excel.
Thanks! I'm somewhat proficient in Excel, but every once in awhile I have trouble figuring out how to do something. This site should really be helpful. Again, thanks!

·
Registered
11,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RookieRetiree said:
I can help out also - are you downloading data or are you entering it? You can also set up "filters" where the person needing information can easily sort for the data elements they want.
How do I do that? The information I am adding is different depending on the medical information for each date. This file goes back 25 years and I have a 6 inch pile of records. Each entry in the record has to be reviewed and entered on the sheet. Dates and names may be the same.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Stablebummom said:
RookieRetiree said:
I can help out also - are you downloading data or are you entering it? You can also set up "filters" where the person needing information can easily sort for the data elements they want.
How do I do that? The information I am adding is different depending on the medical information for each date. This file goes back 25 years and I have a 6 inch pile of records. Each entry in the record has to be reviewed and entered on the sheet. Dates and names may be the same.
do you use clinical coding there? or would the searcher be looking at individual by case name/date of birth?

·
Registered
13,833 Posts
I will have to look at my 2003 or 2007 Office books for more tips...will be doing my best as I can only attach files in main forum...not private. Unless you provide email in private I won't be able to hide my attachments.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,668 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I feel your pain. A medical record audit is bad enough then to add the quirks of Excel. Been there, done that, not doing it again (retired HIM manager)...
Stablebummom said:
I am trying to do a medical records review using Excel. I have my columns set up but need to know if there is anyway I can make it auto start another line instead of typing on into the next column?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Glad to see this message as I have an excel issue, too.

Someone sent me an excel file. I want to print it with gridlines, so I went in page setup and selected the function of printing gridlines and saved.

No matter what I do, it won't print gridlines!

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
Stablebummom said:
diziescott said:

Oh Wow! that worked!!!!! :) :thumbup: Thanks a huge bunch! You have helped me save hours of frustration!
Just double clic the heading of the column you want to auto size. Also if you highlight all the columns you want expanded to be the same width and double clic, they will pop to size.

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
ksojerio said:

Someone sent me an excel file. I want to print it with gridlines, so I went in page setup and selected the function of printing gridlines and saved.

Do you have the full office version or is it the version that came with your windows download? Big difference.

·
Registered
13,668 Posts
Ask4j said:
ksojerio said:

Do you have the full office version or is it the version that came with your windows download? Big difference.
Have you tried this:

In Excel, select "File"
then select "Page Setup"
then select the "Sheet" tab
In the middle of page under "Print" select "Gridlines"

This should allow the gridlines to print.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom