Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy was that goood!! Had me going from day one. Great cast!! It's a murder mystery involving a young Muslim. John Turtourro was amazing as the lawyer. James Gandolfini was scheduled to play the role of the lawyer but unfortunately passed. Anyway, John Turturro knocked it out of the park! Highly recommend this one. It's an 8 part series, but it's over now. I am sure you can call it up on demand and am also sure it will repeat. Don't miss this one!

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
I have xfinity... it is on HBO ... a subscription channel... so if you don't subscribe, you can't get it.... but I will be keeping an eye out for it... every once in a while they do a week free.. so maybe I can see it then.
Thanks for the recommendation

·
Registered
17,788 Posts
Wow!

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so here's what goes down in the beginning episode: this young man (a Muslim, a student in college) is invited to a frat party. He is invited only because he helps these other guys with their school work; it's a sort of payment for that...the kid is smart. He is a good kid and generally obedient to his religious parents one of which, his father, drives a cab for a living. The kid's friend - who was also invited to the party- backs out of going to the party which left the kid to figure out how to get there as he had no car. He asks his father if he could borrow his cab. The father says understandably "no." So the kid waits till his family goes to bed and without permission takes the cab. The kid gets stopped in the cab by the cops but is soon let go. But as soon as the cops leave, a woman, seizing upon the chance to grab a cab, jumps in the back seat of his cab telling him the address she wants to go to as she does so. The kid tells her he is off duty. But she is a very pretty young woman and easily persuades him to take her to her home which is where she wants to go. They talk as he drives her. Once there she talks him into coming up for a drink or three. She plies him with massive amounts of all kinds of drugs which naturally led to sex. Next thing you know the kid wakes up on the kitchen floor. He goes to say goodnight to the girl but to his horror he finds her in a blood soaked bed; she is pretty much hacked up. There is a big kitchen knife sticking in the middle of her chest. For some reason, the kid pulls the knife out of her chest. He panics. He puts the knife in his inside jacket pocket and runs out of the house. He runs straight to his cab and takes off. Now, a number of people saw him both with the girl and also when he left the area. These people, later, will be witnesses. Once again the cops stop him, but while they are interrogating him, they get a call to go the address (that the kid just left where the girl was murdered) and when the cops asked the Sarge what to do with the kid they just pulled over, they were told to bring him into the station. Meanwhile the cops had NO idea who this kid was or how he was attached to the scene they were about to discover. The kid is sitting in the back of the squad car sweating bullets as he watches all the goings on of the cops and detectives entering the building where the murder took place.
He is then brought to the police station to be questioned about some insignificant infraction that has nothing to do with the murder. As he is sitting there, a guy is brought in (having been arrested for who knows what) and is sitting not too far from where the kid is sitting. Again, the kid is scared to death because this guy is one of the people who saw him with the murder victim outside her house as they were about to enter. Very soon there after, they frisk the kid and discover the bloody knife in his inside pocket. Everything, as far as the cops were concerned, now points to the kid as the killer of their latest murder victim, that young girl.
The kid goes before a judge and tells the judge he did not kill the girl and that he has no memory of anything that happened that night except for the part where he woke up on the kitchen floor...tho he is sure he did not kill her; he said he could never do such a thing.
There are only 8 episodes to this show and boy will they keep you guessing!!!! Did he or didn't he?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Loved it. DVR'd every episode so I could fast forward thru the commercials. Got my husband interested in it too. I also love the series "Tyrant" on FX channel, unfortunately that season just ended with a blockbuster ending. I hate that I have to wait a year for the new season to return.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom