Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My travels will take me to Lahaina for the day on September 20th. Suggestions ,anyone ?

No guided tours to the crater, thank you. Been to 3 other islands,did lots of exploring on those,seen lots of natural phenomenon. Not enough time to do the drive to Hana,which I would really like to incorporate into an overnight.

Thinking about riding the public bus just the see the area.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
2CatsinNJ said:
My travels will take me to Lahaina for the day on September 20th. Suggestions ,anyone ?

No guided tours to the crater, thank you. Been to 3 other islands,did lots of exploring on those,seen lots of natural phenomenon. Not enough time to do the drive to Hana,which I would really like to incorporate into an overnight.

Thinking about riding the public bus just the see the area.
My husband and I and another couple took a public bus. Loved it! Great idea!

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
The Old Whaler's Inn is a great place to stay. There is a catamaran boat ride available. The boat is similar to the ones the ancient Polynesians used to migrate to the islands. Rent a car and drive to Haleakala at the rim of the volcano. The sunrise is beautiful from there. It will be cold so take a wind breaker coat. For a while you are actually above the sun on the horizon and the colors are spectacular. Drive to Hanalei to see Hasagawa's General Store. It's a long winding all day trip but the waterfalls and the seven sisters' pools are worth it.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Just wandering along Front Street is worth the time. Lots of lovely shops. One of the ones we went into one was an art shop owned by artist Christian Rasse Lassen - truely inspiring. There are quite a few historic sites to see including Kamehamaha's original palace site as well as an old fort. Then you can meet under the banyan tree. There's also an old sailing ship you can go through - I think it's called the Carthaginian.
For Granny Sandy - Hanalei is on the island of Kauai not Maui.
One other thing you can do is go to the native village in the middle of town and do the steam train ride from Lahaina to Ka'anapali and back. The old Whaler's Inn is great for a meal.
I envy you. Have been to Hawai'i three times and would go back in a flash. I love the islands and each one is very different to the others.
You can also Google Places to see in Maui.

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
I haven't been to Hawaii in about 25 or 30 years it was the most beautiful and peaceful place I've ever seen if I could afford to live there I would be there in a flash. All of the islands have their own special allure. Enjoy your trip I will think of you being there.

·
Registered
31,678 Posts
I am interested in seeing the answers to this post. We leave on November 5 for Kauai and will spend a week there and then fly over to Maui for another week. I am interested in seeing any suggestions for both islands.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
knittingdragon said:
Drive to Hanalei to see Hasagawa's General Store. It's a long winding all day trip but the waterfalls and the seven sisters' pools are worth it.

These are on the island of Kauai not Maui.
Hana a long winding road and that is where the seven sacred pools are, guess the seven sisters pools are different, both of these are on the Island of Maui.
Marly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom