Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from a cruise going to the top of Norway. Crossed the Artic circle, and as per normal took my knitting with me. Noticed a lot of members knitting on the boat. Promoted this site like you do.

Anyone else been to this special place. Article circle members knitting circle?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they do.

You go up on deck wrapped up in your winter jacket, hat, scarf, gloves etc. They then get you in line and get a ladle of ice cubes pull your scarf and coat away from your neck and tip the ice down your back followed by a ladle of ice water. Give you a tot of something to drink but you are in too much shock to know what it is. Take into the account the temperature at the time was -3. Got totally soaked and had to change fully, even underwear. But it is a once in a lifetime thing so you have to do this mad thing!!!!

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
We Crossed the Arctic circle and then went reindeer sledging. No ice cubes down my back. We then went on an ice breaker, donned survival suits and went paddling around in a hole in the ice. Stayed dry and warm. Perhaps the Finns treat their guests better (wink-wink). My DIL is a Finn. I didn't bring my knitting, but saw lots of beautiful Work in progress.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We went dog sledging and it snowed could not have been better. Then to Hammerfest the most northerly Town on Earth. The place where The Order of The Ancient Polar Bear Society was formed in 1964. Hubby always wanted to be a member ever since reading about it from a child, so he had his wish come true.

As we travelled on the post boat and not huge cruise ship (heaven forbid) we took the goods to all the ports so stopped numerous times. Definitely recommend the firm.

·
Registered
109 Posts
j1200k said:
Yes they do.

You go up on deck wrapped up in your winter jacket, hat, scarf, gloves etc. They then get you in line and get a ladle of ice cubes pull your scarf and coat away from your neck and tip the ice down your back followed by a ladle of ice water. Give you a tot of something to drink but you are in too much shock to know what it is. Take into the account the temperature at the time was -3. Got totally soaked and had to change fully, even underwear. But it is a once in a lifetime thing so you have to do this mad thing!!!!
Can't believe you fell for that! Someone on your trip must have weird sense of humour to even TRY to pull that on you. Truly the mind doth boggle! (We did manage to con the powers-that-be to create a certificate for the occasion, however. ) Still, at least you now know that none of you has an unsuspected weak heart. Saves a visit to the doctor, I guess. XX

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom