Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ashton shawlette: finished size is 52x26". She is as light as a feather and looks quite elegant. Yarn used was Vanna Glamour (needed 3 skeins, although had quite a bit left of the third) and size 7 needles.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Very nice. I like the yarn you used. It looks very shimmery. I have been knitting less than a year and was hesitant about lacework. After seeing everyone's pictures of the Ashton Shawl, I have added this to my to do list. (Should get to it by summer).

·
Registered
982 Posts
Beautiful.....I admire all the beautiful Ashton shawls posted but don't have the courage to try doing one. It would take me forever to finish.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lrushefsky said:
perlie24 said:
Beautiful.....I admire all the beautiful Ashton shawls posted but don't have the courage to try doing one. It would take me forever to finish.
Thanks for sharing.
Are there other Ashton shawls or a site for them? Happy knitting Linda
Hi...there is a great KAL (knit-a-long) that has been going on for awhile. Dee is a wonderful designer and has offered (and continues to offer) timely advice to all who are participating. She is stevieland here. This is a link to the KAL: http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-46154-1.html

If you decide to join, you will have a great pattern and many helpful participants as well as Dee herself. I can't say enough good things about her, her designs, or this KAL.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
well if you can make it using vanna glimmer i think i'll give it a try, was unsure about working with the fine yarn amd small neddles, made my first socks last fall kal, thank you for sharing and its lovley

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom