Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all,

I have completed 5 repeats of Chart 2 and am trying to decide whether to do more of those or to continue on to Chart 2A.

I know what the finished measurements should work out to be with 5 repeats. My question is:

Did any of you do any intermediate measurements? As in at the end of Chart 2? Prior to blocking, of course.

Thanks,
Lynne

· Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CathyAnn said:
I didn't measure until after I blocked mine, and I did nine repeats because I was using a "heavy" lace weight yarn and didn't want it to be too skimpy. What kind of yarn are you using? A fingering weight?

BTW, there is the Ashton KAL. If you ask this question on there, you are more likely to get some answers more helpful than mine. Here's the KAL link: http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-96942-1.html

Also, you could PM Dee. You'd get the best answer from her.
I am using Knitpicks Gloss fingering weight.

The Ashton KAL thread is closed and locked. I have, so far, been through, 67 pages of it and not seen an answer to this question.

But, thanks anyway.

Lynne

· Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine looks like a blob, too. But that blob is 26 inches across what will be the top border at the end of 5 repeats of chart 2. The main reason that I am hesitant about doing any more repeats is the depth of the shawl. I guess I will just go ahead and start chart 2a and let the chips fall where they may. If it is not quite big enough, I will have a stunner of a scarf/wrap. I do like the idea of mainly covering shoulders/upper arms with this little shawlette.

Through maundering.

Lynne

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom