Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, im knitting the ashton shawlette and im on row 5 chart2 i've chected my sts againest the chart still geting 1 ex. st.also im not sure that i knitting that right ; after i came to the end i had some sts left so i continued and started the white again . there are yo's on both ends so i got a double yos and 72 sts. :?:

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Hi! I am afraid I am not experienced with this to know what you did wrong, or to help you undo it. Hopefully someone who has done this pattern or who has done the knit-a-long can help you out. However, I did create a check list for myself that has a wee box for each row (so I could tick off as I went) and says under each box how many stitches should be left after this row. (I did have 71 stitches after row 5 of chart 2.) I found this easy for me to keep track, as I could follow the pattern on the reverse side, and count if I wasn't sure about anything. I've attached it here in case you find it helpful.

I hope you get the help you need on your shawl! It is definitely worth the effort. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
gy, It is very easy to get one stitch off on row 5 of Chart 2. You are doing a lot of counting to 10 in that row. When knitting that particular row of the Chart 2 repeats, I always made sure that stitch #5 of the 10 was directly over the center stitch of the "YO, (sl 1, K2tog, Psso), YO" worked in row 25 of chart 1. When you look at your work, the rows of leaflets are staggered. Those you are making in the 1st repeat of chart 2, will be directly above those you finished in row 13 of chart 1. The beginning YO's of Row 5 of Chart 2 will be directly above that (sl 1, K2tog, Psso) in row 13 of chart 1. Chart 1 shows the staggering process really well.

It is very easy to forget to do a YO or to do an extra one. The YO and dec stitches tend to hug together, so can easily be knitted as one stitch instead of 2. Both these can throw off your stitch count or leave you with not enough or too many stitches. By reading your knitting, knowing where the design you are knitting lines up with or matches what you have already knitted, will save you lots of grief. Misalignment normally means that there is a mistake. It's easier to fix it sooner than later.

I strongly urge you to find the Ashton Shawlette KAL. Dee O'Keefe and other seasoned Ashton knitters are awesome about helping with your knitting questions and problems.

BTW, the Ashton is one of my favorite of Dee's designs.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yoy are soo right about lineing up. i ripped that out and started again ,lo and behold i finished chart 1 im sending pics, of my work in progress i'm soo- happy and everything u said i did it. now i'll repeat what everyone says. when u ripout and start a gain, and again u learn something. like reading your sts. or whatever it doesn't take long to finish #1 chart ,having to start so many times.i'm so proud of my self.i'll send a pic as soon as my grandd comes home.lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Congratulations. You did it. I just finished working with that pattern AGAIN and am so close to having it memorized that it is ridiculous. You are going to love your shawl.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom