Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I love it!!! Perfect for that teenager on the go all the time. If you added a fabric lining to the bag you could make sure any little things do not fall out.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(((((((((( TY!! Great idea, too on adding the lining!!

To keep it 100% crochet versus a fabric then sewn lining, one could take a lighter weight yarn and make the same shape (rectangle) then loosly slip st it to the purse then do the main seaming. I'd slip stitch the rectangle for a dense lining and not use SC.

I like to keep it all yarnie content though I do sew (but not well)! LOL!!

I had a similar one made for me in the early 70's before I crocheted and was just knitting. She was my boss' wife and was too generous (I thought); It was a college graduation gift.

When I was away for a semester and not working for them, the pool table receipts dropped dramatically so they were glad to see me pop in for a semester to work; I was, too as I was poor and needed the money! LOL!!

She also put a pocket with a closure on it; Perhaps velcro wasn't invented then? LOL!! One could have popped a cell phone in it but were cellphones invented then? LOL!!

I used the outside pocket to put my lipstick (or chapstick). There was a patch pocket on the inside, too for your keyes, etc., and I used one of those clip style, o-rings to house my keys and clipped the keys to the handle strap.

Key chains now come in cute styles. Remember the mini purse key ring that went through this group a few months back?

So, I'd make these things + your idea of the lining, too, if I were going to make this item.

TTYL!
~~~~~~~

oa
nenokku said:
I love it!!! Perfect for that teenager on the go all the time. If you added a fabric lining to the bag you could make sure any little things do not fall out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom