Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surprised with a "Grammy's Favorite Knits for Babies" by Doreen L. Marquart book and two skeins of yarn from my Granddaughter as her way of informing me that she and hubby are expecting. I just fell in love the little hoodie in the book. The Austermann works up a little like fairisle when knitted. Anyway, if anyone has some of the yarn I would be happy to pay or trade plus postage. Thanks so much for thinking about it. The colors are beige, red, blue and white.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I believe this color is discontinued, I actually have the same book and love this little sweater but couldn't find this color anywhere. I do know that Demores sells this yarn and it cost alot less then you can find it anywhere else. I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for your input. I have not been able to find it on the net. But have not tried Demores. I was thinking of substituting Opal in red, blue, white and grey. I guess I will have to do that. Wish designers would use yarns that are readily available to knitters in their samples. That is such a cute cardie.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I do agree with you on designers using yarns that are available to we knitters. At times I do not make a pattern because I can not find the yarn it calls for or I substitute with another yarn

·
Registered
887 Posts
chyann said:
I just checked Demores and they do have a color called michaelangelo that looks like what your looking for :)
Please send the link addy for this site.

Thank you.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I finally found it but it's spelled Deramores.com and I didn't find any free patterns. Shipping to USA from England for patterns is prohibitive even if the patterns are inexpensive.

Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
42,304 Posts
chyann said:
I have bought patterns from deramores before, no one ever told me that it was illegal. How can they send them to the us if it's illegal?
I think what they were saying is the shipping is so expensive even if the cost of the pattern is inexpensive that the cost is to high to pay for a pattern.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update: I wrote a email to Skacel Co. Asked if yarn was discontinued etc. I got an answer back yesterday. It is still available by special order from you LYS's by special order. When special ordering there is a $1 extra charge for single ball ordering. He sent me a list of their local suppliers. My nearest one was Tempe Yarn and Fiber in Mesa, AZ. I contacted them and they are going to special order it for me. The internet and email is such a wonderful help to all knitters. Thanks for the info from all of you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom