Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baby’s hat, booties and cocoon ( 2 different sets) – K
Wanted to share with you what I have been working on lately…besides knitting many pairs of socks while waiting for grandchildren playing / practicing the soccer)
These 2 sets I made for friends as presents. (One just got a baby girl and one will arrive in few months). Hopefully mothers will like these sets.
Used the baby yarn from my stash baby yarn for the pink, green white set and Red Hart TLC baby yarn for the cocoon and set of booties and hat.
I wanted to try the cocoon after seeing the picture here on KP : http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-97403-1.html
( thank you for inspiring me : ) )

Somehow I ended up with less button holes for real button so; I ended up using 2 snap buttons in between … Oh well.. I did not want to rip it out and did not want to cut the yarn and make the real buttonholes..
Hopefully, it did not turn out so bad…

Attachments

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Help question for you. I am just finishing a hat to go with the cocoon I made for my impending grand baby. I cannot get my pom pom to look like a pom pom and stop looking like yarn barf. Help!! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Your cocoon turned out great! I'm so pleased to see that you have done the bands in with the body, I knitted mine out from the edges because when I had finished I thought it looked too narrow, then decided that a buttoned front was probably far more practical. I've done a second one with the bands done like yours, and it was definitely easier than picking up all those stitches down the fronts! Mine are both for my GS who was due yesterday, but isn't in a hurry, no signs as yet....
Love the colours in yours too, I have an urge to knit something pink 'just because' :lol: :lol:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom